Venturing from the historical marvels of Pisa to the picturesque coastal beauty of the Cinque Terre is a journey on many traveller’s bucket lists. If you’re looking to take the trip, we’re here to guide you on the most popular and seamless route available: by train.
Why Choose The Train?
When pondering on the commute from Pisa to Cinque Terre, the train emerges as the standout choice. Here’s why:
- Convenience: Train stations are centrally located, making them easy to access.
- Speed: Skip the traffic and opt for a swift ride.
- Scenery: The train offers mesmerising views of the Italian landscape.
Your Journey by Train
- Departure Point: Your journey begins at the Pisa Centrale train station.
- Destination: Head towards La Spezia Centrale. This leg of your voyage takes roughly an hour.
- Connecting to Cinque Terre: Upon arrival at La Spezia train station, you may need to hop onto the Cinque Terre Express. This train weaves its way through all five idyllic villages, ensuring you soak in every picturesque sight. Depending on your chosen village, this segment can span between 5 to 30 minutes.
- How long is the train journey from Pisa to La Spezia?
- The train ride is approximately an hour.
- Where do I change trains for the Cinque Terre?
- Change at La Spezia train station to board the Cinque Terre Express.
- Is there a direct train from Pisa to any of the Cinque Terre villages?
- No, you will need to change at La Spezia.
- How frequent is the Cinque Terre Express?
- The service runs frequently, ensuring convenient connections to all five villages.
Handy Tips for Your Journey
- Day Trip: Considering the short travel time, a Pisa to Cinque Terre day trip is a feasible and popular option.
- Ticket Purchase: Buy tickets in advance, especially during peak seasons.
- Accessibility: If you’re flying into the region, it’s good to note that the Pisa airport offers smooth connectivity to the train network.
Travelling from Pisa to Cinque Terre by train is a delightful experience, combining ease of travel with captivating views. Whether you’re visiting for a day or staying for a week, the magic of Cinque Terre awaits.