Experience Tradition at Hotel Roma Pisa Nestled in the heart of Pisa, Hotel Roma is…
Are you set to marvel at the Leaning Tower of Pisa? The journey from Pisa Airport to this architectural wonder is smooth and easy, offering a range of options for every kind of traveller. Whether you opt for a swift taxi ride or decide to embark on a scenic walk after a train journey, we have all the details for you. When we visited earlier in the year we found that the taxi was the most convenient choice, as we had our luggage and our hotel stay we had booked at Hotel Roma was just across the road from the Piazza del Duomo.
Taxi: Best and Quickest Option
Opting for a taxi straight from the airport is the fastest method to reach the Tower.
- Where to find them: Taxis are conveniently available just outside the airport terminal.
- Frequency: Available throughout the day.
- Cost: Prices vary, but expect to pay between €20-€25.
- Duration: Approximately 15 minutes.
Bus: A Cheaper Alternative
The bus is a wallet-friendly option that gives a sneak peek into the streets of Pisa.
- Where to board: The LAM Rossa line can be caught outside the airport.
- Frequency: Buses run every 10-15 minutes.
- Cost: Bus tickets are roughly €1.50 per person.
- Duration: About 20 minutes.
PisaMover to Pisa Centrale & Walk
A combination of the PisaMover and a short walk offers a balance between time and experience.
- PisaMover: This train connects the airport to Pisa Centrale.
- Frequency: Every 5-8 minutes.
- Cost: €2.70 one-way.
- Duration: 5 minutes.
- Walk: Once at Pisa Centrale, it’s a 20-minute walk to the tower of Pisa.
- Route: Head west from the train station, following signs for ‘Torre’.
- How do I get from the airport to the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- Taxi, bus, or PisaMover followed by a walk are the most popular options.
- How far a walk is the Leaning Tower of Pisa from the train station?
- It’s approximately a 20-minute walk from Pisa Centrale.
- How long should you spend at the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- At least 2-3 hours if you plan on climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa and exploring the nearby cathedral.
- Is there a shuttle to the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- There’s no direct shuttle; however, local buses serve the route.
- Do you have to pay to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- Viewing from outside is free. However, if you wish to climb or enter, there’s a fee.
- How much does it cost to get into the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- As of 2023, standard Pisa Tower tickets are around €18.
- How much time do I need in Pisa?
- A half-day is sufficient for the main attractions, but a full day allows a relaxed exploration.
- What is the best train stop for the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- Pisa Centrale is the closest and most convenient.
- Is there a dress code for the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
- No strict dress code, but respectful attire is appreciated, especially if visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa‘s neighbouring cathedral.
- What time of day is best to visit Pisa Tower?
- Early morning or late afternoon to avoid peak crowds. When we arrived during the mid-afternoon
- How much is a taxi from Pisa Centrale to Pisa Tower?
- Roughly €10-€15, depending on traffic.
- Is the Cathedral in Pisa free entry?
- Yes, but it’s advisable to book in advance due to high demand.
- How much are bus tickets in Pisa?
- They are generally priced at €1.50.
Conclusion: Making the Most of Your Pisa Adventure
Navigating from Pisa Airport to the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa is a breeze, with multiple convenient options at your disposal. Whether you’re a traveller on a tight schedule or someone looking to soak in the city’s beauty one step at a time, there’s a mode of transport just right for you. And once the day’s adventures have worn you out, Hotel Roma awaits to offer the comfort and luxury you deserve, right in the heart of Pisa. As you chart out your itinerary, don’t forget to delve into our guide on Things To Do In Pisa to ensure your journey is as enriching as it is memorable. Safe travels!